Smiley Tiggers

Smiley Tiggers

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkin

Today is Halloween. I told myself several months ago, that I was going to dress Penn up as a Pumpkin. I saw a little outfit at Old Navy a couple of weeks back, and was tempted to get it. The outfit was so adorable. It saddens me that he won't be going trick or treating, and he won't get to be a pumpkin.

I did a lot of house cleaning today. It passed the time. I think I am going to wash my dogs next, they're pretty stinky. I have to cook dinner for Brenda, so that will also take some time.

Sometimes I wish there was a button on this time machine we know as life that allows you to reverse, or just even pause. It would have been nice to press pause and enjoy more the time Penn was here. It's amazing to me how the sun keeps rising, and the moon keeps cycling, and the ocean tide continues to come in and go out, no matter what happens. Armageddon could happen today, and it still would not stop things from going on. It's amazing.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I just wanted you to know that I think of your family. I know that holidays can be especially difficult.

I dressed both my kids as pumpkins... I wish Penn could have joined them.

Take care.