Smiley Tiggers

Smiley Tiggers

Friday, November 30, 2007

Ink blots

Today is a better day than the last two. I haven't been on the verge of tears but once. I went to lunch with my husband and then again with a friend. I didn't eat two lunches, but I did enjoy a piece of pecan pie, which could have been considered a lunch.

Christmas tree is up and lit. Grocery shopping is done.

Still have to finish the bylaws for the PENNriver Non-Profit. Our first board meeting will be on January 12. We will be going over Articles of Incorporation, Board officer elections, and bylaws, and strategic plan. I have the strategic plan complete, but will be postponing contacting a CPA until we elect the treasurer. I hope someone will want that position, because I sure do not want to be responsible for the financial aspects. We will have a yearly fundraiser, which is exciting. It's great that including me there will be 8 other women on the board! Yeehaw! It's great knowing others are behind your cause.

It's an advocacy organization, which in the beginning will provide education to clinicians (clinician to clinician) and then to parents, and finally through the form of an actual advocate in special situations. I am anxious to get input from the rest of the board.

No comments: